Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Living the good life

I had an amazing weekend.  Something happened that has not happened in a very long time.  I was home alone. For several hours. Two days in a row.  It was so nice!  I spent some time reading on the deck with the dogs on Saturday afternoon.  And on Sunday......I took an afternoon nap!  Talk about luxury.

Sunday was such an awesome day.  It is amazing how energizing it can be to be in a room filled with people truly worshipping the Lord.  I felt Him moving so much Sunday morning.  I had goose bumps all up and down my arms and tears in my eyes during a couple of praise songs.  It was a great feeling! 

The high from the weekend has continued through the week.  We got the privilege of having some friends over Monday night.  I love watching 4 adorable boys play and interact with each other, even if sometimes that interaction is figuring out new ways to torture your younger brother.  It was such a beautiful night we were able to sit out on the deck until dark for the first time this spring. 

Then Tuesday brought some more possible new beginnings and answers to prayer.  I am certainly keeping my fingers crossed at least.  God is so good and so faithful.  I am ready for whatever new beginnings (or old ones) He has for me right now.  It is exciting and nerve wracking all at the same time!  But oh so worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment