Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Lord, Please Help Me to See



One of my favorite places on earth during my favorite season.  Crunchy leaves underfoot.  Changing colors of the sky and the trees reflecting off the water.  He is in this place.  I have always felt Him here, in nature.  But lately I have felt Him more, stronger, here and everywhere.  I seek to find Him more.

There are two prayers that have been repeating themselves over and over in my life for a while now.  "First, Lord, help me to love people more, better.  Help me to see them as you see them.  To see what lies under the surface, the broken places within.  Help me to love them despite what the world thinks, despite what I in my own human brokenness think.  Help me to love them like you love them, Lord. And above all Lord help me to seek you in everything I do.  Help me to follow you always and everywhere.  Help me to feel and see you here in this big, beautiful, broken world.  Allow me to find you more."


 
And He has answered my prayers.  He always answers these prayers.  Often in bigger ways than I had imagined.  I have changed.  A lot.  God has changed me and allowed me to grow so much over the past few years that some days I am not sure I even recognize myself.  And I'm glad.  So very glad.  Because, honestly, I don't like me much.  And me without Him?  Well that's just plain ugly. I am so thankful that He is a God that answers prayers.  That He is a God who meets us where we are, wherever that is, and helps us to see.  He gives us the only sight that we ever really need, the ability to see Him.  And as long as we keep our eyes there, keep them locked onto Him, we can see.  He gives us sight to see glimpses of what He sees in the world and in the people around us.  I pray I never lose that sight!  I want to see Lord, help me to see.  Never let me turn a blind eye again.  Help me to love.  Always. 

No comments:

Post a Comment